Wednesday, December 9, 2015

FLOOR 21 Promotional: Many Books

Let's talk about advertising your book.
So today is another in week 2 of two months of promotions push for FLOOR 21. In addition to the advertisement push that I'm getting from my publisher, I've also contracted with multiple ad sites. I'm going to be reviewing each site on the day of the promotion to help let other authors know about the services offered at the site. Today, I'm covering Many Books.

Many Books offers two tiers of promotions:
Basic Promo ($10)
Plus Promo ($35)

There are different requirements for each promotional
Basic Promo is for anyone advertising a book that is free or on sale for discount. Plus promo is for anyone advertising a book that is permanently free. Depending on what type of indie author you are and how you're offering your book, either one might suit you. 

Both promotions share most of the same common features. Each gets featured in the Many Books newsletter, which claims "110,000 quality subscribers." This increases exposure for your book, of course. However, the Plus Promo goes a step further. Plus Promo offers an upload to the Many Books website for download, and a featured position on the Many Books website for 1 week. 

I expect that the additional exposure of being on the website must be where Many Books gets any good reputation it has. Because FLOOR 21 is not permanently free, I went with the basic promotional. At the start of my sales day, before the newsletter, I was in the 15,000 rank. Four hours after the newsletter, I peaked a 1,000 ranks higher, but not much more. By the end of the day, I'd dipped back down to the 16,000 rank. With my previous promotion using Just Kindle Books my sales results not only increased but lasted through the end of the day. I'm assuming I saw some bump from Many Books into the 14,000 rank, but nothing I would consider earth shattering.

For the price, I suppose it's decent, but Many Books seems as if it's trying to attract authors with permanently free books more than anyone else, especially since permafree books get so much more exposure through them. If that's you, you can find them at 
http://manybooks.net/

And if you're looking for a rousing Dystopian Sci Fi read that's getting rave reviews, check out FLOOR 21
here:
http://www.amazon.com/FLOOR-21-Jason-Luthor-ebook/dp/B00UNLBJN

MASSIVE UPDATE: Nevermind, by the end of the day, FLOOR 21 had broken the 10,000 ranks. Many Books may be a lot more effective than I thought! Maybe the newsletter readers just wait until the end of the day before checking their emails or something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment